I first encountered this “award” on one blog site that I follow and I found out that it’s like a chain award that you pass around fellow bloggers with the aim of getting to know more of each fellow writer and discovering their sites.
But what does liebster actually mean?
According to http://www.dict.cc/,
Liebster is a German word which means darling, beloved.
Apparently, this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Receiving this award is like a boost to your blogging reputation.
Shoutouts to bluetsukky for nominating my humble blog for this award. 😀
So the Liebster award comes with a set of rules.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions of the blogger who tagged/nominated you.
- Create your own Liebster award for 5 or more bloggers with less than 200 followers, with 11 questions you wrote for them. Notify them (tweet/email/message them!) that they’ve been nominated.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog! ^________^
Here it goes~
* I’m a green tea addict. I love everything about this green leaf! xD I learned to love this flavor because of a friend. Then I got addicted to Twinning’s Mint Green Tea, then those Korean green tea ice creams. Whenever we go to Starbucks or Coffee Bean, my default order is Matcha Green Tea (hot or cold, depends on the weather). I don’t understand why other people don’t like the taste. It’s so yummy!
* I love kpop more than kdramas. I’ve been inclined more to the music than to the dramas. Even if I was first exposed to the dramas, I’ve been more in love to the music that Koreans produce.
* I’m a big fan of DYI (do-it-yourself) stuff. That is one reason I love the Lifehacker site. I like doing things on my own. I learned to play the piano by myself. I self-studied reading Hangul characters. It’s fun learning things your own way.
* I love music. I can’t go on with life without it. It has helped me during times of struggle and feeling of loneliness (especially during college!!). It’s always been my outlet of emotions whenever I feel happy or sad.
* I’m a proud RUSHER! I am an avid listener of The Morning Rush, a radio show on RX 93.1 I’ve met the hosts themselves twice (read here and here). It’s such a joy listening to them because I find the show very entertaining (and educational too!!).
* I’m an amateur astronomer. I can proudly say that I was able to achieve a childhood dream. Through an astronomical organization that I joined during college, I was able to learn to assemble and operate a telescope, and observe lots of astronomical events like solar and lunar eclipses, meteor showers, conjunctions, and occultations.
* I don’t know how to ride a bike. 😦 I have always wanted to learn to do this, but whenever I got the chance, I lacked courage to move forward. I wanted to attempt learning this again when we went to Baguio recently but unfortunately, we were not able to visit the Burnham Park. I hope I could get the chance to learn this skill soon.
* I love to walk. I don’t mind walking long distances (or maybe as long as I don’t carry a heavy baggage with me). Since college, I got used to walking to places on foot. Once when we went jogging (that turned out to just brisk walking xD),we have already walked a long distance and I still did not sweat that much. My friend asked me if I was a climber and I said no. :)) I’m suprised myself too that I don’t seem to get tired fast. Maybe because I just really enjoy walking. 😀
* I love to work at night. I’ve been a night owl since my high school days. I used to do all my homework from past midnight onwards. It’s really convenient to work when it’s night because the neighborhood is quiet and you get to concentrate very well. This is also the reason I think I would be perfect for the field of astronomy. During meteor shower/ lunar eclipse observations, I hardly close my eyes and I’m wide awake until the break of dawn. It’s just hard to get sleep in the morning though.
* I’m a reserved person. My friends tell me I’m too talkative online (especially on twitter!!), but not in real life. It’s because I love sharing my thoughts and I just talk a lot when I find the topic of the conversation interesting. I’m an introvert. Don’t get me wrong, I love meeting new people. It’s just that I don’t share much if I don’t know that person yet. If I get comfortable enough, you’d find me chattering away about the latest buzz I’ve seen online.
* I love making to-do lists. This is one habit that already stuck in my system since high school. I can’t live without doing this. I take down things that I need to do, deadlines that I have to meet, and bucket lists and plans that I want to accomplish in a year. It’s rewarding for me to slash off items that I have already achieved and list down new ones that I want to do soon. Lists have been part of my life, and will still be for the rest of my days. 🙂
There you go! That’s some totally random things about me. I hope I didn’t bore you on that. n_nv
Here’s my answer to bluetsukky‘s questions. 🙂
What was the last book you’ve read?
I’ve finished reading The Little Book of Bees by Karl Weiss. It’s like a chapter taken straight from a Biology book that focuses on these wonderful bee creatures.
Do you have a smartphone? What do you love about it?
Yes I do! What I love most about it is that I could listen to The Morning Rush podcasts with it, check updates from my favorite sites via RSS, and use Google Maps in checking my current location. I don’t really play games that much. I was never into Candy Crush or 4Pics and 1 Word and those other in-the-trend stuff. xD
Where is your dream travel destination?
I dream to travel to Korea!! I’ve expressed this sentiment several times in this blog. I really hope I can do a visit to the place where all the Halyu wave started.
If you are to have children, what would you name your firstborn?
Of course I do want to have my own family and have children, but I haven’t really thought of the details like the names I would give them. But for the sake of answering this question, I think I’d give Jake as a name if it’s a boy, and Kim if it’s a girl.
Why do you run a blog site?
I guess the About page would fully answer this question. 😀
Since I’m still new in the blogging world, I don’t really know a lot of bloggers yet. I follow a few, so I guess I would be nominating the following for the Liebster award:
- morningsmockme – The writer of this blog is a very good friend of mine back in college. Her posts amuse me. Those could be random rant posts, but for me, it says a lot about her personality and her current thoughts that’s why I get really entertained by reading her blog. 🙂
- acrossthelaine – Aah, my ‘ol sister’s nook it is. She’s a traveler and a photographer and she aims to do a travelblog with this page. Check out her site to see the spots that she already went to. She also posts Korean-related things (I was the one who influenced her xD).
- superloisy – I know her blog has been inactive for a long while. I hope she continues to write more because I’m interested on what she has to say for her page.
I was nominated again by a friend for this award (shoutouts to superloisy! ＼（＾∀＾）メ（＾∀＾）ノ) and here are the answers to the questions that she gave me.
Do you believe in the things that you don’t see?
Yes. I don’t know how I could fully explain this at the moment but I can say that there are things that I believe in even if I don’t get to experience them myself. This topic might inevitably flow towards the religious side but let’s just say it doesn’t end there for me. 🙂
When you were young, what did you want to be when you grow up? Did you do it?
I’m very proud to say that yes, I was able to achieve a childhood dream of mine – to become a scientist and an astronomer (I was already a nerd way way back then xD).
I can still remember my young self boastfully telling my mom that I wanted to become an inventor when I grow up and that I wanted to be a scientist. I did become one, a computer scientist. It might not have been the kind of scientist that I was referring to back then (those that stay in laboratories and do experiments and stuff) but still I dealt with a lot of experiments too like developing and debugging programs. 😀
Thanks to my org during college, I was able to fulfill my second dream. I became part of the UP Astronomical Society on the summer of my sophomore year. Campus nights have never been the same since then. I learned A LOT attending the lectures and participating in observations of astronomical events. I have been active in the org for almost two years. Until today, I still carry the knowledge that the members have thought me, and the passion for the sky that they passed to me.
What is one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?
I can only think of one thing – playing the piano (you can read a little background of this dream here, and my ongoing journey to fulfill it here).
What quality do you find most attractive in others?
Specifically with the opposite sex, I really find men with gentleman manners (the typical opening-the-door-for-you and offering-a-seat gestures) really attractive. This might seem a bit hollow but this is an instant turn-on for me. If I get you noticed, you’ll now have my eye and I’d be wanting to find out more about you. But if I get to discover some more significant negative traits, I’ll have to take a step back.
In general, I like people who are down-to-earth. I really like it when people are straightforward and honest. Also, I like people who live simply.
If any character from a novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why?
Hmm I can’t think of anyone in particular at the moment. I’ll update this as soon as I think of one. 😀
My answer to this came to me like flicking a lightbulb on. I want to have Doraemon as my best friend! With this adorable cat robot, I could try all those wonderful gadgets that he has in his “infinity pocket” and try lots of cool things with it. 😀 We can fly to places, teleport, and even time travel!
if any character from a novel that can best describe your best friend in real life, who would it be and why?
This is a tough one too. xD I’ll also get you back on this.
I didn’t realize I actually have an idea all along. My answer is Alice in Lewis Caroll’s novels. She is such a curious girl with a thirst for adventure. She’s afraid to go out there though. I hope she finds her rabbit-hole soon so that she can slide down into a world of adventure wherein she’ll have the experience of her life and learn important lessons along the way. 🙂
How do you keep yourself interested in the things you do?
Being constantly motivated is not easy. There are moments when I just don’t have the urge to do anything and during times like that, I look up to inspiring people who have achieved great things in their life. I have posted something on this topic here.
Thanks superloisy for the second nomination. 😀