|the front porch of our guesthouse (where we never got to hang out xD)|
We were actually supposed to stay at Zaza Backpackers but upon arrival, we were told that our room was reserved on another guesthouse, which is like its a “sister” hostel and just less than a minute walk from Zaza. Yoon was the staff that welcomed us on our arrival and guided us to our room. Global Hostel just a 5-minute walk from the Myeongdong subway station, Myeongdong shopping district, the airport bus stop, and Namsan Tower! It’s located in a very convenient spot indeed!
|Namsan tower is in view within the hostel area.|
Even though it was a budget-friendly hostel, the place was very nice. We were not able to take a photo of our room, but it looks like this:
Then there’s a bathdroom beside the door. It’s not that big though, just enough space to do your business. (¬‿¬).
They have free wifi in the hostel (thanks to that, we were able to update our SNS every night of our adventure for that day despite how tired and sleepy we were haha).
– non-smoking room
– FREE Wi-fi (internet)
– climate control air-conditioning and floor heating
*I really liked this one*
– Remote control cable television with 24 channels.
*We watched shows without subtitles!*
– State of the art security
*They provide keys for your room. On the other hand, you just need to enter a passcode to open the front door*
– FREE coffee & Tea available from lobby
*They have a very nice pantry!*
– 24 hours open
Double room is 60,000 KRW (2 person / 1 night)
Extra person will be charged 15000KRW (per night)
They also have the following services available for its guests:
+ Wi-fi Egg (5000KRW per day, 30000KRW for deposit)
If you want to book the Wi-fi Egg, let them know before you arrive so that they can check the availability.
+ DMZ Tour
DMZ is the Demilitarized Zone between north and south Korea
+ Airport Pick-up Service
For 75,000 KRW, they can pick you up from airport with a private car.
Maximum is 5 person.
Please, kindly do again your reconfirmation 3 times to secure reservation by e-mail.
1. 30 days before your check-in date
2. 15 days before your check-in date
3. 5 days before your check-in date
Otherwise, it will be automatically changed or cancel without prior notice.
Of course not all hostels are perfect, and these are some minor points that I think would be a bit discouraging for some people (but it did not really matter for us):
– The walk from Myeongdong station to the hostel involves an uphill road so it could get a little tiring.
– There are no bathroom supplies (save for tissues), but this is expected anyway. This is a guesthouse, not a hotel
– Before checking out, you have to clean up and throw out your trash in the bin outside the hostel. Again this is because it’s a guesthouse, not a hotel.
Thanks Gobal Hostel for being our home in Seoul. I hope to visit again soon! 🙂